Monday, October 10, 2005

Finally, it is over

Monday started out slowly, and then pounced like a rabid lion smelling fresh meat. I swear, there were only three that stood out, but customers today were just out for blood! I'm just glad that the day is over. Now all I have to do is clean a bit here at home before the fire department comes tomorrow to test my smoke detector. Yes, they reschedualed. I think it's silly but hey, the Landlord is coming in whether I want them here or not. So...need to do the dishes and clean up a little.

I'm feeling slightly like I'm blogged out on things to talk about. My day to day life is simply work lately. There is no more Altboy coming in, Ben comes in ever so often but he's just another reminder to me that most people I am attracted to are either straight or taken. FEH! Still, he's nice and we chat so I can't complain that much. I just sometimes wish that I had more interesting and exciting news to throw around. When ya live alone, there's no one that rushes in the door to exclaim something important, or to quietly come in crying, and definately no one coming in to say "I'm home babe." Now wouldn't that be nice? :)

So...having nothing better to talk about today other than the crappy film I watched last night and this afternoon....I'll leave you with this:


I awoke with the sun pelting my eyes. I thought I had drawn the curtain. Remembering last night, I closed my eyes again and threw my arm across the other side of the bed. I found only empty space. He was not there and I began to wonder if it had not been a dream induced by perhaps one glass too many. The other side of the bed was cool in the morning air. I sighed as I rolled over and looked at the clock. It was already half eight. I had no obligations today until ten. I had obviously turned the alarm off in a sleep stupor.

I kept my eyes closed thinking about the man that had captured my heart. The single red rose he held out to me gently last night, or in the dream. The way the light played off his hair, in his eyes, and the soft touch of his lips as he had kissed me gently. It was a dream I was sorry to awaken from. I lay on my back pondering why I hadn't closed the curtains.

Peeking gently through the slits that were my eyes, I spied the clothing strewn on the floor. My tuxedo lay here and there about my floor. Glancing around the room, I noticed that my door was ajar. I began to think that it all was too much drink. I closed my eyes.

An odor wafted into the room, dark and rich. The smell of coffee. I opened my eyes and there he was, dressed in my velvet bathrobe, walking in my bedroom door with a tray. The tray held a coffee service and two steaming mugs of coffee. He smiled and said, "I hope you don't mind I borrowed this. I didn't want to wake you and I wasn't sure exactly which were my clothes and which were yours."

He lay the tray down, bringing me a cup of strong coffee. From behind his back his other hand brought out a small bunch of freshly picked roses of varied color from the garden. He lay down next to me, putting the flowers on my chest, and rested his head on an empty spot there on my chest. He gazed up at me and said, "Please tell me that we can stay like this forever."

I kissed his head, had a sip of coffee and we lay there for an eternity.

3 comments:

The Foxybrown Show said...

One Question....
Was it an Irish Coffee??

I posted the playlist for Red's set or rather I informed you of how you could get it...

Smile! e-mail me I have a ton of questions for you on the DJ game.

Holla at the show!

The Persian said...

I hear ya about the loss of Blog subject-matter. (for us lonely people) But if you think hard about it there is bound to be something in every given day interesting enough to post. When all else fails, take a picture of yourself or something in your house. Works for me!
:)

Ryan said...

talk bout what u know goth! u can talk about anything really we are reading how bout taking some pics of your town and talk about it.

thanx 4 the well wishes!