Thursday, October 27, 2005

Last post of the night

This is the only song I have ever written in my life. I wrote it for a friend of mine a couple of years ago. He didn't get it I don't think, but it rattles around my brain and I sing it to myself at times. One of these days, "he" will get it I hope. Until then, I guess I'll keep playing it and singing it to myself.

What do you hear when I speak,
and you're not listening?
Who do you see
in my face?
I would open up the world,
if you promised to be there.

Where do you go when you need a friend,
do you even think of me?
I am standing right behind.
I will catch you if you fall,
Then I'll disappear from view.

I know,
a change is happening.
And you are on my mind.

And I don't know
if you even care
that I am on your side.
I'll protect you
though it cost me everything.
Even if I have to lay down and die.

So I hope you hear when I call,
cause I'll always run if you
need a friend for a while.
And I will wait another day.
If you feel your all alone,
turn around
I waiting there.
I am always standing here.


I'll always love ya Starglass.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Wow. That almost gave me goose bumps. Nice job, Michael.

Michael The Shadow said...

Thanks guys. One of these days I plan on at somehow getting it into my puter so I can share it with folks. Hell, maybe I'll even write something else when I get my synth?