Thursday, October 27, 2005

Part 2 of a Thursday night

I told you there would be more to come. Yes I did and here I sit again happy with the knowledge that my friends are well and safe. It was oddly isolating to me to find myself not able to read anyone's blog (although I could have tried going to the library and using their computers but they do not have my "favorites"). I missed everyone that I read daily and that list grows a little more monthly. So, to all you glorious folks that I think of as my friends, I have a quote from Elton John to summerize my situation, "The Bitch Is Back".

So the news here is equal decent and some what distressing. It's not life shattering but I did talk to Tats (the guy I had mentioned) the other night. Yup, talked to him on the phone and I was the one that called. Kinda a big step for me because I felt stupid not knowing what to say to him. He called me back and we chatted for a while. He sounds nice but...and don't go getting your panties in an uproar here...I'm not sure it's really going to work as a romance. Hell, I'm not sure if I'm even going to get to actually meet him. Now before ya go off and start giving me that pep talk you're practicing here where my head is at.

The conversation seemed rather awkward from both of us. It was as if I couldn't think of anything to say to him, and I guess he was in the same boat. Not a good start but not bad. Tats definately has a better vocabulary than I do. He graduated with a degree in creative writing. I never finished college. He isn't a movie person, and I am such a film whore. Sometimes I think the only connecting point is that we are both gay. We both seem to like animals though. The big kicker to me is that he is much younger than me. (Oh shush up out there about age being just a number...this is my psychosis and I hear what you're saying but it doesn't make it easier)

My biggest problem here is that he hasn't called me back since then. Granted, I haven't called him and I know he has a meeting tonight and is going to see the Foo Fighters tomorrow night. I really wonder in the back of my mind why he said yes to wanting to meet me on this site. I'm definately scared to ask him but I need to know the answer for my own piece of mind. So, soon after this post is done I'm going to voicemail him.

Foxy Brown has a "Why Wenesday" that he posts every week. Well it ain't Wenesday but mine is this:

Why does it seem that romance and I are always at the same dance, but never as partners?

Well, I do have the debate about a party tomorrow night (last minute thing I found out about) in Santa Cruz but ya know....I'll only know one person there and I don't "mix and mingle" well with folks I don't know. We'll see though. Supposed to be a costume party and I don't have one.
Bugger!

2 comments:

The Persian said...

Missed you Michael! Don't worry too much about TATS..sometimes things take a bit of time to progress. AND..how much younger?? Chicken BAD...:) hehe joke

I know what you mean about romance always seeming to evade you. I have been single for 2 years now and would love to connect with the right person, but it never seems to happen. Maybe I should actually meet people I talk to online for a start!! My shyness always gets in the way.
Have a kool time at the partaaay.

*BIG HUG*

Milla said...

Hi M!

I have also missed you :) But now things are back to normal for all your friends, even me who has'nt "known" you for a long time..but already you are among the first I check out in the morning if there is a new blogg.

I say like this: If the feelin gisn't there, then just let it be. Even if that could change if you met Tats IRL so can a phonecall give you a hit if there is a spark between you or not.

It is not a easy thing to run into the special one that make you go wild and your mind goes crazy and all that you know. But I know the feelin of frustration when it seems to never ever happend to me, but to everybody else. But it will, I'm so sure about that.

I am not shy, I am a very open person and people tell me that when I enter a room they notice my presens right away, not by my looks but I guess I have this energy around me or something. BUT.. I am a watcher, not a participant.. And that is a curse, precisely as shyness can be. But you have so much love inside of you, that can anyone see. So hang in there..Mr Right will come. And if I find him before you, I will give you mine ;-)

Take care of you now Ok? And if you go to that party..Have a GREAT time!

/Camilla