Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday

I get the feeling that most folks must think that my life is all gloom and doom lately. Can't say that it is, and I can't say it isn't. Just seems like life ya know? Up and downs and sometimes you find yourself sliding sideways as well. Well my life can get that wierd at times.

Just got an email from a friend in Detroit telling me he thinks he finally found "the one". Well I do hope that he did. Nice guy. Course it makes me wonder why all the really decent folks seem to be living on the other side of this country. Maybe there's something wrong with Cali in general. Plastic people with plastic smiles in certain areas. Sometimes I just wonder if it isn't time to move on from here, but I have no idea where to go or what I'd do there differently ya know? So...in lieu of anything interesting to write today, I'm gonna go all dreamy on ya.




The hardwood floor shone with little pools of light reflected by the dimmed chandelier and moonlight flooding through the open doors allowing my guest into the garden, and to their cars. I had seen the last of them off finally. The band had left, and in the silence, I went and turned on Frank Sinatra. As I began to close the row of french doors, Frank was singing "Night and Day" softly. All but for the music, the night was quiet. I could hear my heals clicking softly on the ballroom floor, and thought how many people had danced on it tonight, with the exception of myself.

I turned, leaving one last set of doors open. Frank had moved on to "I Only Have Eyes For You" and I opened my tux jacket, loosening my tie and decided to find one last glass of anything for the evening. As I shook bottle after bottle of Champagne, I heard something behind me. Perhaps it was only my imagination, something I wanted to hear. The last strains of the song rang out as I waited for the next.

Frank Sinatra began to sing slow and mellowly "Our Love Is Here To Stay". I turned to finish closing up when I saw a silhouetted figure in the doorway. His heels made soft noise in the empty room as he approached. In his hand was one red rose. He closed the distance between us, and asked,

"May I have this dance?"

He offered his hand, and I slid into his arms. Slowly we danced around the room. We danced as if we were the only two people in the world. And suddenly, the world didn't matter.





2 comments:

ElovesU said...

awww...i want that

how sweet nice blog by the way

Steve said...

You know, maybe it's because I don't live out there, but when I was in LA about a month ago, I found the people quite nice. Here in FLA, a lot of people move here from up north who, for some reason, seem to be all torqued up about everything. Don't get me started on the seniors who aren't very nice at all. Maybe we should trade places for a bit to get a different perspective!