Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I don't know...it's only Tuesday

Ok, so that was a mouthfull last night, rather a lot of fingers full. Tonight though, there's not much to report. Other than now I have to wait for the release of Season 6 of OZ (yeah I'm soooo addicted to that series), there's not much really going on here.

I do have a working theory here though about the week. I see it happening to myself most weeks and it goes like this, if I have a bad Monday...Tuesday isn't so bad. True to form, yesterday was kinda a bitch. Today...not so bad. Tomorrow is "hump" day and I can't believe that the week is already pretty much half over. I'm really hoping that me and Dan are going to see Serenity this weekend because I spend most of my time alone. It's not usually that bad but when you're weekends are spent alone as well as your week days, it gets to be a bit much.

Actually I'm sort of planning a day up in San Francisco because I have to exchange some tickets. I bought season tickets to Best of Broadway and have been enjoying live theatre to the max! The only down side is that the next show, Lestat (based on Anne Rices' first two books and Music by Elton John) which is a world premiere up here happens to fall on an odd day for me. My tickets are for Saturday night at 8pm.....December 24th. Now who the hell is gonna spend Christmas Eve at a show unless you're taking either A) Your loved one, or B) The Family? So...I have to see if I can exchange them and fast! This is one of the shows that I was willing to plunk down the major dosh for. (I'm still a year later trying to rebuild what I spent on this season but it is so worth it to me) Now I just have to make sure that I don't go crazy and spend like I know I could up there.

Because of Ryan's post today, it reminded me that I was a pretty lucky guy most of my life. Sure, there are skeletons in every family, but for the most part, I had it really good growing up. I tend to look back a lot. Try and see where things went wrong and what I could have done differently but ya know what? Even with all the shite I went through in the past 10 years, I don't think I would change anything. If I did, would I be the same person I am today? Would I be where I am today and know the people I know, and have met the people I have met if I had done things differently? Hell, would I even be writing this? Don't really know. I'm glad I'm here now though. Glad that my parents tried their best. I only wish I had gotten off my keester sooner in life. But ya know...it's not that bad now either, and the older I get in life, the more I can act like a kid.

Maybe one day I'll actually talk more about my life. It's been a doozy at times. Scary at times, and now rather dullish but I'm still here after all. And ain't that the winning point?

4 comments:

Miladysa said...

Ahhh... Lestat. I think I am the only one who was soooo disappointed when Tom Cruise was cast for the film and remained so after its release. He played the part well but Lestat - Not!

Michael The Shadow said...

I hear ya on the fact that Cruise (and a few others ... just my opinion) were miscast. Who the hell decided that Armande wasn't a cherub faced teen? Oish...still, I'm excited and you know there's gonna be a major post when I see it!

Steve said...

I think the experiences of our past shape us into what we are today, and I don't think I'd trade any of mine, either. And, I have to agree, the older I get, the younger I act. (And gayer. LOL)

Daisy said...

Stopping by to say hey Michael :)
Hope your week is going well.
hugs