Friday, June 10, 2005

Another day, another day...or was it dollar

Howdy again my friends and fellow people that may happen to read this (and just how did you find me?). I've actually kept to my commitment and I'm happily blogging away whilest balancing a Diet Lime Coke precariously.

So it's Friday finally. In a couple of hours I pick up a rental car to head up to San Francisco for a friend's cd release party this evening. Problem is that I'm kinda tired and I kinda don't want to go. Makes me feel like a bad friend because they asked me to do this photo shoot for them for publicity. I had a blast doing it, and I'm sure when we get around to actually shooting the video I'll have a great deal of fun as well. Just not sure I'm in the mood to hang around a bunch of people that will be drinking when I won't.

Don't get me wrong, I do drink. I have a taste for Whiskey (Irish if you please), Gin (Bombay Saffire if you please) and Rum (well I like Captain Morgans but who's counting). I just made a hard and fast rule that I can't drive after drinking. Granted, in the "bad old days" I used to drive while being ...um altered is the nice word for it. I just don't like the concept of drinking and then getting behind the wheel because I know how it affects me. Sort of scary that other people will drink like fish and decide that they are perfectly fine to go driving a massive machine that hurtles you at unknown speeds directly at other people sometimes. Silliness. So, for me it's no drinking tonight.

Thank you Larry by the way for helping me get a picture put up so you can see my ugly mug. Funny thing to me is that I took that maybe last week to send to an old friend of mine in England and I currently have the same 5 day's growth going on. I hate shaving. I really hate shaving. I know I look better when I do but I hate it.

There's an on going saga with me and a guy named Ben (a customer at the coffee shop I work for) thatseems to be dragging me down into mental breakdowns. The fact is that I don't know him at all really. I just talk to him when he's in the shop and ordering, or I'm making him a drink. How can you find yourself obsessed with someone you hardly talk to? Sure, he's cute. He seems pretty intelligent and seems to have eclectic tastes in music which all fuel my fires. Is he gay? I don't know. Is he interested in going out and doing something with me, I don't think so. So how do you get past the "crush"? Worse, how do you ask someone if they're gay without offending them or making them uncomfortable? I had thought about giving him my phone number, but then I fear he wouldn't call. I thought about giving him my email adress, but I'm afraid either of those two options is going to make me look too much like I'm begging. I wish I knew. I really wish I knew how to get past the fear and just find some way to really talk with him and not look like a total idiot.

At least it's quiet here at the studio. My little hiding place from the world. My garden out front is mostly going well. Flowers are blooming, bugs are buzzing (although I wish they were bees) and it's a warm California day. So, with the beautiful weather, and two hours until I have to call about the car. I think it's time I lay down and nosh some pringles, watch a bit of The Aviator, and maybe nap.

Thanks for dropping by folks. I'l be seeing you again soon.

No comments: