Sunday, September 11, 2005

In "knee"d of assistance

I feel like I'm sitting by a mailbox waiting for an important document to arrive. Grrr...bloody slow internet repsonce. Nothing big mind ya, just waiting for a validation code from Blogroll.com but dammit, I figured it would be automated or something. Then again I'm an email whore who checks in to his little box of good/bad messages probably more than 4 times a day. Yeah...I likes getting emails. Hell, it's more exciting when I get actually mail that isn't either a bill, or my latest issue of Game Informer (which reminds me I need to see what new games are out).

So, I have a new fun item now. Bought a knee brace. Why I thought that bouncing around on uneven dirt (with small rocks and some twigs) was a good idea I don't know. Granted, I was serious when I said that I couldn't have stopped myself even if I wanted to. Still reeling a bit from the concert yesterday. Think tomorrow is going to be a partial Spearhead Monday at work. Now if I can just take it easy on the knee, everything will be hunky-dorey (with thanks to David Bowie for the album of the same name). Guess I should go and see a doctor if it doesn't get better in a few days but I don't trust doctors anyways. All they want to do is treat symptoms, not really the problem ya know? (this does not include the serious stuff like broken bones, needs for surgery, etc)

Sigh...back to checking my emails, waiting to see if anyone pops up on Yahoo to chat with, and probably a trip down the comic shop. Woo hoo! Serenity Issue 4 is out and they're holding all three covers for me! Sigh....I'm gonna go broke one of these days, but I'll have cool shite to read!

5 comments:

AvR said...

Here's hoping your knee improves quickly: most likely, a few days of rest and Motrin will benefit you no end. I have a mental image of you limping "Tiny Tim" style into the comics shop. Poor fellow!

Anonymous said...

I check my email about a zillion times a day, even when I'm up late at night. I'm never quite sure from whom I'm expecting a life-changing email from at four in the morning, but I'll never give up hope.

Ryan said...

hope your knee gets better soon u need a guy 2 help with that.

Adam said...

I check my email all the time, especially my university email. For example, it is one of the first things that I do when I get up, and one of the last things I do before I go to bed. Nevermind the countless times I check it during the day. At night when I am in my room after a busy day, such as today, checking my email becomes a source of procrastination! Heck, I best be getting to that French now!! lol

Michael The Shadow said...

Thanks guys. My dear Ariel, there is no rest for the weary unfortunately. Being a manager sometimes bites!

Adam, you sound like me except at the hour I get up I don't have time to check email before work.

Hey there Bloody! I really liked your post and I'm sure that there will be some lifechanging email eventually for both of us! (well I hope so)

Ryan...you just send 'em my way :)

Hm...now I need to email Spencer with 50 messages so he'll read 1 of them ;)