Monday, September 12, 2005

Queer as Philosophers


You are Michael.


Which Queer As Folk Character Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Jesus...I don't even watch this show and that sounds like me. WTF? Comic books and a crush on his best friend? Goddammit! That is my life. I'm suing!! Now, much as I didn't like the initial episode, I think I'm going to have to try one last time and get into QAF. Hell, Michael was about the only character that didn't really annoy me on the first couple of watchings.

So, I wanna say thanks for the concern about my knee. It's feeling better tonight. My day at work was interesting from it though. Only seems to really hurt dependant on how I move it and in what direction. Oh well...I'm a pack horse anyways so I tend to just push through stuff like this. After coming home today and laying down it definately seems that the more it's stretched out completely the better it feels. Wondering if I hyper-extended something. (didn't warn ya that I have a minor thing for medicine) At any rate...Ryan, if ya know of a cute boy to come take care of this invalid (me)...well hell, send 'em over.

Which brings me to my next point. I was thinking today (always a dangerous situation) and came to a conclusion. I decided that I was swearing off the ideas of romance and dating in my life for a while. I have no idea how long, but it seemed like it was for the best what with Altboy and Ben and it's just apparently meant to be. Now, on the other hand, I live vicariously through my friends so all you friends out there I wanna hear great stories of love love love! Figure that as long as my friends are happy and in love, or in the prospects thereof, I kinda get a little bit of it too.

My friend Jenn the other night said that I have a big heart. I staid that it was a fool's heart, but she still says I have a big heart. So, I thought about what I'm doing with my life, and what I'd like to do. I've noticed recently that I've been offering a lot of folks support, and an ear if they want someone to talk to about things. I'm sort of scared that it maybe comes across too strong, but the truth is, I made the offer in all honest intentions.

I think it all comes down to the fact that if I can help even one person in this godforsaken world, I've done something. Whether anyone else in the universe knows that I've done it is irrelevant. I will. I'll know that for the rest of my life I was able to do something for someone else to ease their pains. That is important to me. Now if that makes me a fool, or a bighearted person, I don't know. All I do know is that if I can do this, and then maybe they do it for someone else, it will eventually complete a circle and we all know that the world is a .. well not exactly a circle but you get my point.

Jeezo I'm all philosophical lately. Just been doing that "thinking too much" thinga again and realizing, maybe if i can fix my life, find my motivation, etc...then maybe then it will be time for finding someone to love eh? Maybe it won't. Maybe it never will be. I have no clue. Just know that I read all these great blogs and I see people that seem to empowered in thier own lives and it definately encourages me.

Ok...enough of the long blog. Short and sweet...I am swearing off romance and dating in my life, I will try and do what I can to help out my friends with their lives (because I believe it will ultimately help mine), and I will attempt to get my life going in a direction that will make me happier. Whoo....jesus who wrote out this damn list?

6 comments:

Larry said...

Welcome to the anti-romance club :) I understand completely.

Adam said...

I totally loved QAF, I just wish that I didn't miss the series finale - so I guess in my mind it really isn't over yet...lol.

You are a great friend! Thanks.

Naked Boy said...

All my life the old Brian, now I am the new Brian.

Michael The Shadow said...

Hey Larry...I say we start a monthly/weekly meeting where we just sit around and watch movies and make rude comments about the couples in them ;)

Well now I really have to watch the damn series cause I am so clueless as to who the "old brian" is and who "new brian" is...sigh..I'm always late getting into the game.

Back at ya Adam, back at ya :)

Steve said...

I started watching QAF waaay too late. By the time I figured out who was who, and who was doing who, it was done. I've always thought Michael was the sweet one, though. ;-)

Joel said...

OK, so I did this, but I so don't wnat to be who it said I was so I REFUSE to post it...so there!