Thursday, September 15, 2005

Our story continues

Well...what to say what to say? It was a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, my hometown. Oh shit..no..that's Prairie Home Companion. I can't use that. I'll get sued possibly, but then again Garrison Keillor sounds like a nice man so maybe he won't? Anyone but me listen to this show on Saturdays? (or maybe Sundays) I really like it myself. It's funny, it's usually got great music (pretty much bluegrass type or country-esque) and Keillor is an amazing story teller. Every week he has his News From Lake Wobegon which is a wonderful monologue about his mythical town that he grew up in. Hm....lost my train of thought there going off on Mr. Keillor and his infinate great stories.

So, it was bound to happen and I knew that it would. Luckily, it wasn't but a momentary thing. He came in today. Altboy wandered in and I found out that he's worked almost 100 hours lately because they need more people where he works. Apparently he is now pretty much the only mechanic they got so..busy busy boy. Did he look good? Oh HELL yeah. Did my heart skip a beat when he said that he'd call me about the bike cover that he ordered for me? OH HELL yeah. Did I start wondering what was up when he told me he'd give me his discount on it when it came in? You bet your sweety bippy I did! Did I want him to just fucking call even if there was no bike cover?! Woooooo Yeah!! (but he didn't)

I'll admit it. I really did try and put the whole idea of romance out of my head completely. I wasn't kiddin folks. I didn't want to have anything to do with it. But....I'm weak. I'm a softy for that smile, and how it seemed that there was something more to it than just giving me a discount on a stupid bike cover. My heart skipped a beat. My stomach flipped. I may have smiled more than I should have. I was lost for a good 5 mintes, then it got really busy so I had something else to focus on thank the Gods. Still...am I being stupid? Am I reading more into this? Why did he even come in (other than I do work for a coffee shop...hello?) today when he's been working like a dog lately? I just wish that there was a great cosmic phone I could pick up and get the clue! AAAAAGH! I feel like such a 14 year old when it comes to this stuff. Stupid notes being passed, getting your friends to find out if the like you..blah blah blah. Somewhere in my body there is a pair of balls (ones I don't utilize often...not the others..i use those plenty by myself thank you very much).

That Brat Boy Ethan had some really great posts up today. Stuff that really made me stop and think. I do love reading me some Brat boy :) Seems that all my friends are off and running about somehow. Some of us are taking justice in our own hands (god bless ya but I want to meet you eventually so please keep your body in one piece), others are off meeting new folks at school (and I promise I'll get a proper joke off to you soon), some are even showing off their finest attire (and it's a sexy one too M), some are just starting into what sounds like a great relationship (I'm so going to get home just so we can go out babydoll). Just all of us running around, doing our things....but from my standpoint, I got my arms huggin each and every one of ya. Ya gotta love family, and that's exactly what my friends turn out to be to me. (please..no incest jokes....well, ok maybe if you want but still...)

Even if Altboy turns out to be a straight man that would want to be the shit out of me, and then never come back into my shop again, I know that there are folks out there who care reguardless. And that's enough for me.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Everytime I check your blog I hope it is to say you just banged Alt! Sigh.

Yea BratBoy has a great post today. VEry insightful. That boy's got some brains as well as being a total hottie.

Adam said...

I totally understand the whole crush thing, and I mean EVERYTHING. Sometimes it can be awesome, but there comes a point where you want it to be more than just a crush - that point sucks! Just try to remember that everything will be ok for you, even if it doesn't work out for you and Altboy. :)

Michael The Shadow said...

Thanks guys. I may be the world's biggest fool when it come down to romance, but hell...at least I got something tellin me the ticker is workin.

Damn Scotty...now why'd ya have to go and make me think about bangin him?? (again heh)