Thursday, September 29, 2005

The joys of Thursday

I almost started to just write a short story here because I couldn't think of anything better today. Sometimes there's just not much going on in one's life ya know? Still..today was Thursday and I was exceedingly happy to know that tomorrow is the end of the work week for me! Sure I have to make the deposits for the next two weeks but dammit....two things are going to happen.

My buddy Dan asked me if I wanted to go and see either MirrorMask (yumm...new Neil Gaiman), or maybe Serenity (Yes! Joss Whedon!) tomorrow. Either way I am garuanteed a winner. For those that didn't watch FireFly when it was on, the entire series is out on DVD and for a Tv space western it kicks ass. Then again, Joss did write Buffy and Angel so...there ya go. MirrorMask? Well it's the teaming of Neil Gaiman and the Jim Henson group. Twisted and surreal with the Henson group working on it as well? Hell...what's not to like?

The only down side of things is that there were no firemen waiting for me here (all drenched in sweat wearing only pants and suspenders) because it was reschedualed. So...not that the studio is tidier, I plan on destroying it partially and getting rid of a bunch of stuff. I have too much junk here (including videotapes that I have no idea where to unload) and I think it's prudent to just start hackin and slashin. Mind you, we'll see if I actually do this because I tend to be even lazier on the weekends.

Just wanted to throw out there a request. I wanted to ask ya to send all the good ju-ju you might be holdin onto to Scotty in the next couple of weeks. He's a great guy and with everyone pulling together I bet we could send some really kick ass good stuff his way. I can't send ya cash Scotty, but I'm trying to do my part.

What will the weekend bring to our dear Shadow? Will there be romance (yeah right)? Feats of great strength and honor?! (maybe if I play God Of War) Several hours of sleep undesturbed followed by copious amounts of video viewing? (more than likely the case) Tune in and see!

Sorry Foxy but I think I just started my own show here...course I would love guest stars to make it more glamorous!

2 comments:

Steve said...

I'm going wherever the wind blows me this weekend... I have nothing particular planned, which sounds a lot like yours, so enjoy! I will.

Michael The Shadow said...

Hey Steve, drop me an email if you get the chance. I'm still workin on the idea of comin out that way. (looks cheaper than I thought it might be)

Howdy Spencer! :) You have a great weekend too!