Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Shadowmichael Interview Vol. 1

Ok, so I agreed to this interview with my buddy Den, the sexy Tennessee man. We agreed to meet for a casual drink at a local tavern so I wouldn't be recognised on the streets. Armed with only a few questions (because we all know I am a man of few words), the interview began...
1.If you had to pick one thing you couldn’t live without, what would it be?
Music. Music is the only thing that has kept me sane for this many years. It's the one place I can turn when there is no one around and I need to hear words that sooth me. It makes me get moving in the mornings while I'm bustling around trying to open the shop, keeping my energy up (thank ya Prince). It evokes every emotion you can ever imagine, and turns these into images in my mind. It's sexy, it's racous, it's a quiet whisper from a lover, it's the fireworks exploding in the skies over Paris, it's the friend that knows you're deepest pain and sympathises. How could I ever live without something that could make me feel that much? I love Funk, Soul, Punk, Classical, Opera, Musicals, Techno, Goth, R&B, Country, Bluegrass and the list keeps going. Life would end without music.

2.If you found a lottery ticket worth $100.000.00, would you keep it or turn it in?
An interesting delima here because of two things in my mind. A) Who do you turn in a winning lottery ticket to? Let's face it, everyone would try and claim it as their own wouldn't they? So what to do? Say to someone "Hey, I found this laying on the ground."? And B) I would feel slightly guilty knowing I had just cost someone $100,000.00 ya know? Still, in the long run, it seems that if fortune smiled on me to find the winning ticket, shouldn't I take that chance? Make a change in a lot of people's lives including mine ya know? I'm not greedy and believe me there would be a massive party with me trying to fly all my friends out to be there to celibrate. I guess in the long and short of things, I do the unthinkable and keep the ticket for myself.

3.If you could choose one person that you would want to be your next door neighbor, who would it be?
It would all depend on if we got along as neighbors heh. I know the qualities I'd like in a next door neighbor, but I don't really know who it is. It's really difficult because I would say River Poenix but he's not alive anymore. I guess in the long run of things it wouldn't be anyone famous, it would be a friend. Ack...I really don't have an answer to this question.

4.What if you were giving a one time chance to own anything in world, what would it be?
Hard question because I want to sound all nobel and say a piece of art (probably something by Monet in the Waterlillies vein). Part of me is silly and wants to say the Batmobile because it would be REALLY cool to drive around. (by the way...I'm Batman) Jewlery? Not exactly my style. A mansion? Maybe. In truth, I would like to own a black panther tame enough for me to have as a pet. (sorry for the mixup on the picture..that's a groovin comic book hero) Panther's are my animal totems and they are one of the most beautiful cats out there in feline kingdom. So.....a Black Panther and the lands to be able to keep him as he/she wanted to be kept which probably means I'd have some very large acreage with a nice house.. Hm....that's more than one thing isn't it? :\

5.When do you feel your best in the day time or night time?
Oddly enough, at night. Don't get me wrong, I love a nice day, or a rainy day although in California those seem very few and far between. I like sun bathing but...I've always been a bit nocturnal. Night is when the world is quiet and I can think, or simply go stare out at the stars and lose myself in them. Night time is when I would go dancing with friends and all the good times seemed to be during the night. I find myself on the weekends up extra late at night, and I use that as "me" time. Being a follower of the moon, (Selene for those that care what I call her), I've always been tied somehow to night. Up when the world is asleep.

Having exhausted the poor boy with my boring answers, he threw back his drink and made a hasty exit for the door. The barmaid, seeing that I was alone, brought me the check and asked, "Hey. Wasn't that Den?"
"Yes indeed it was." I stated, following quickly with, "He was interviewing me. I was hoping to keep a low-"
"Dammit!," she retorts interrupting me, "I thought it was. I wanted to ask for an autograph. Damn. Here's the check honey. Pay at the reg."


Cue the dramatic music folks! It's a Double Post Tuesday!
So first of all thanks for the kind words everyone. Nice to know that while I'm slugging it out here there are folks in my corner (who's got the water bottle and where's my towel dammit?!) I thought today being Tuesday would be a slightly better day....well I have a an adage for everyone which is this; "Good day on Monday, you're Tuesday is gonna be crap!" and believe me it was. Oh where to start? Waking up? Nope...boring. Getting to work? Nope, everything still ok. Opening the shop? Getting there but still...ok.
Around 15 minutes after I opened this morning, I went to our office and pulled out a Cd to show a customer (Wolfsheim Casting Shadow if you have Itunes that's the link). He had asked who they were because they were singing in German (he's Dutch). I go to open the office again and realize that the key is slightly bent. Great...I love my fellow employees. I try and turn it in the lock and SNAP! it breaks off ... IN THE DAMN LOCK! So, now I have no way to access extra cash should I need it for the reg, to let my other employees clock in, or to turn the music down should an annoying bastard customer come in and exclaim "Could you turn that down? Isn't it a bit loud?" (yeah well they can kiss my...I don't play music that loudly) Now it's around 7am-ish and you think I'm gonna call a locksmith at that hour? Hell no..figured I could do something about it myself. I'll just pull it out and...
My 7am employee shows up. I explain what's going on while trying to help customers. He's hung over (just my friggin luck). After some mucking around, N decided that he could drop down through the ceiling into the office. I had no other decent option. I return to trying to help customers while fretting about the broken key in the lock and getting it...CRASH! Well at least he got in and unlocked the door. The office is now looking much much worse for wear. He says he'll clean it. I take the entire lock off the door and still can't get the damn broken key out. More customers and now a non-locking office. (luckily the money is locked up and I have the key) Now it's roughly 7:30? Mind ya, I open the doors at 6:30 without fail Mon-Friday.
Annoying customers. One that I started to get into it with. Blood pressure rising, N is being no help to my mood. "Do you think that he'll be made about the office?" "Dammit will you shut up about the office? Don't you realize that we can't lock the F*'ing office? I think he'll be more upset about that!"
Finally...my boss arrives. (luckily he is a good man and easy going. Neither the state of the office nor the lock seemed to bug him) This is maybe 8ish and I haven't had any food and possibly three cups of coffee. I'm turning into Bruce Banner and my eyes are glowing green. I think that people are starting to be scared. Finally though a customer came in who used to be a Maintainance guy and actually got the key out. One situation solved but my blood pressure? Still in the heavens. After finally getting my break (which to me is going away from the counter to do dishes), I calmed down a little. Driving out to pick things up for the shop, a little calmer. Seems that what I needed was to be away from that damnedable shop. And finally...I was out of there like...well...a tired dogged man.
I swear I don't know what is going on anymore with me. I'm not normally that quick to get angry. I don't know if it's the routine, or the customers, or my friggin employees but I tell you this much I have a plan. I mean it this time. I am planning once my boss gets back from his vacation that I am going to fly out on a Thursday somewhere and spend a weekend away from that damn place. So....I could bring free coffee to anyone that wants to meet me (and yeah I'll find a hotel cause I'm not a cheap whore...well I'm not a whore at least) :)

Want to play?The Official Interview Games Rules:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying, "interview me".
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each persons will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

5 comments:

Miladysa said...

I loved your answers! I also love Prince and I think that music would be extremely hard to live without :)

=D should take up interviewing professionally!

Steve said...

Great interview! And Holy Shit! I thought my day blew. Why not come to sunny F-L-A? I'm getting a bad-ass tan on, so you can work on yours while you're here. And, I'm like Enterprise Rental Car... I'll pick you up.

The Persian said...

er...interview me? (I am probably so doing this wrong!)

:)

Ryan said...

making rounds wnated 2 say hi got your im's we will catch up soon i miss chatting with u.

Anonymous said...

I got your email anytime you wat to write please do. Your a good friend.