Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday Sunday (with appologies to Mamas and Poppas)

Ah the joy of knowing that I can safely go out tonight and see my friends in their production of Merry Wives of Windsor! Yup, it's about the car. The new car is just still amazing me to some degree because I can now go anywhere it seems. Hell, last weekend (I think), I took a drive up to San Fran just because I wanted to see what Good Vibrations was like. So tonight I get to see my brother and sister in the play and hopefully go out for a bit of dinner with them as well.

I've been doing a bunch of thinking lately about what's going on in New Orleans and how my brother is doing an eight day rotation, four days in-four days out. Kinda glad now that he's a doctor and I'm sure that everyone out there is too. Even if I'm pissed at him, at least he's able to help out ya know? Good on him.

I've been all moody lately and I'm not sure why. The wierd thing is that the last couple of times I've gotten really really moody bad things have happened during that time. Now, call it coincidence if you like, but the time before last one of my customers passed away and this last time the all the shit happened in New Orleans. Kinda hard when you're a pagan not to believe that somehow we are all connected to the universe and little things trickle in on ya. Luckily though, things seem smooth sailing in my life right now.

I still can't fathom that I don't have to wake up tomorrow for much of anything other than to eat and go back to bed if I want. When ya work 5 days a week and get up at unholy hours of the morning and that's your entire routine...well ya get a bit shell shocked. Just sunk in that I haven't had more than the usual days off since the 4th of July. Granted, its right back to it on Tuesday but I still have a possible "vacation" to look forward to in November. My annual vacation. Oish...wish it was something more exciting than Disneyland but I'll be there with my friends.

Now here's the delima though...I'm going to be saving up to go to Disneyland to make sure that my little pea brain doesn't snap and I toss espresso in someone's face, but what I should be doing with that money I'm going to save is donate it. Kinda a hard decision. On the one hand I need the break from work and time to go and enjoy myself with my friends and not have a care in the world. On the other hand, people are friggin starving and dying and I should be helping them. So...there is a sense of guilt when I think about everything with this outlook. I know I'm going to be selfish and go to Disneyland, but maybe I can just eat really frugally and save more money and donate some as well. Oish I could use a better paying job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go to Disneyland and dont feel guilty about doing it!

All of us will pay in the end via taxes or whatever to help the rebuilding of a community that could be hit again in the same way...