Saturday, August 20, 2005

For my friend Violet

I just found out today that one of my customers who was a regular had died. Violet was this sweet little 79 year old woman, short and roundish who had an infectious giggle to her. She didn't really laugh but giggled. It was really cute. She'd be there every morning for her latte and we'd joke on Friday that the next day was for Cartoonies. We (the staff) found out that she had cancer around 2 months ago maybe. They had tried Chemo but it didn't do any good unfortunately. So, on this past Thursday, my little Violet passed on to something better.

I'm not as sad as I thought I was going to be to hear bout her. I knew that it was coming. We had been getting reports from the family that she was sort of fading fast. Still, I'm having a little trouble not thinking about her today. I do have a smile on my face though because..well she was just this great little lady. I'm supposed to go with my boss to her services on Tuesday. I think it's nice that the family wanted us there. I always said that the coffee shop was more like a messed up family than anything. This is the proof.

Other than that....I'll probably find something new to blog about later on. Have done almost nothing today other than go to the nursery and pick up more Whitefly traps (damn them!). So, maybe I'll find something terribly exciting to do tonight or tomorrow. But...I will return!

No comments: