Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What a wierd wierd day

Well now. It appears that other people can take decent photos of me, I just can't do it myself. Thanks to my friend Philly for taking this today when I wasn't looking at work. (Go Toronto Blue Jays!). Unfortunately the image was too big for the profile picture so I think I'll just drop a copy of the entire thing down below.

Violet's funeral service was just down right wierd. The paster was a woman and while I have no problem with that whatsoever, the fact that I thought she was trying to turn it into a friggin Vegas act bothered me. Swear she sounded to me like a used car salesman you see on late night Tv ads. What kinda bothered me more was when she asked if anyone had any stories they wanted to share about Violet. Now, I know this was a memorial/funeral and it wasn't in a church it was at a funeral home...but when the paster realized she could walk around with the cordless mike sort of waving it at people to see who wanted to say something...Hello, Oprah?! I hope Violet enjoyed it. I think I would have been better off skipping it and just paying her tribute in my own way.

At least tomorrow is Wenesday. I'm looking dead into Friday's eyes with anticipation of sleeping. I don't know why but I don't sleep well lately. Get up with the alarm but I just don't feel rested lately. I have no clue what that is all about. Diet? Exorcise needed? More fun in my life (well that's a given hehe)? And ya know what...every weekend I wind up til ungodly hours playing games, or here on the puter, or watchin movies and still manage to get them 8 hours. I can't do that during the week. Hell, I'd have to be in bed by around 9:00pm if I really wanted 8 hours and I'm a night owl. So....6 is usually good enough for me. Hope I'm not coming down with anything. I doubt it though. I don't get sick.

I feel like puttin in a movie to watch during dinner (yeah I'm eating hellllla late tonight), but I know that's a bad idea. Wish I liked watching Tv. Just gotten out of the habit over the past couple of years. Now that Angel and Buffy are off the air, there's just not much that captures my attention. (granted I may have to watch Smallville because Spike is gonna be on there as Brainiac!) Ah well, tomorrow is comic day for me so I shall hopefully have my new issues in. Wish me luck, but like a decent 4 year old with Halloween candy, they'll be read in no time and I'll be fiending for more.

Peace everyone.

1 comment:

Michael The Shadow said...

Heh...well I think that was my boss's idea of funny. Then again he is "Mr. Know it all".

I'm gonna hold my breath til I hear something good baby doll. Matter of fact, I may just hold my breath til I turn gay! :) I'll be thinkin good shite for ya...and some lotion too hehe.