Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yeah me

So I sat here thinking about what to blog about, and should I? Well why not says I. I'm almost 24 hours away from having a newer car to drive. Still some annoying paperwork to go through at the DMV but hey....I'm about to drive a car that A: Doesn't have a leaking roof, and B: is 15 years younger than my current car. Pretty dern exciting and all thanks to my friend Hawley who bought a new car.

New cars hmmmm....I don't think I really want a brand new car. Why? Because you can't really work on them anymore. Now I'm not a car whiz. Matter of fact, unless I have someone there I would probably just look at the engine and say "Welp...there ya go". Still the idea that there are so many computerized parts now in the engine kinda creeps me out. I remember my dad working on all our cars we had from when I was little kid up through the last years of my life. He understood engines and could do just about anything. Hell, we almost fixed my head gasket until we realized we had to pull the entire engine out to get to it (it was a Subaru by the way). I'd like to think that I could work on my own car should I need to. Something satisfying about putting your hands into something like that, and who cares about the grease and mess. You save money too. Sigh...maybe that should be my next class if I take more college classes again. Auto repair 101.

Tis my boss's birthday tomorrow and my mom's as well. I haven't got shite for mom and I gave a card to my boss. Well, the card was the gift. Me and my bud Aaron are taking my boss to see a performance of Cirque Du Soliel when they come around. Tickets are a bit pricey but my boss is worth it. The guy is actually the best guy I have ever worked for. This brings us back to the family issue now don't it? Mom got the short end again. I did email her and I'll call her tomorrow but it always seems that there are a million things going on for me and I don't get the damn card out in the mail in time and before I know it...it's her Birthday. She deserves better than just a card or a phone call, but now with the car thing...money is tighter. Starting to wonder what I may have to cut back on to make payments to Hawley for the car, and save for Disneyland, and save for my half of our tickets. Money makes you stupid. My mom makes me crazy....but I love her.

Ya know, I have love on the brain. Rather I have relationships on the brain I think. Everything I write here seems to come back to love or boyfriends or whatever lately. I wish I knew why it's hitting me now. It seems silly actually because when I go through my life day to day I hardly think about it. It's only when my body and mind are calm, and it's getting to where I'm relaxed that I do think about it. Then it hits me and goes away, then hits me again, then goes away. Psychology was never my strong point, but I swear I'm giving myself a complex heh.

Almost the weekend too. Two more days. One day at the DMV, and one for the insurance, and then finally WICKED! I feel like I deserve it now. I did the 6 weeks of writing plays and working on things furiously at times, and didn't go out much. It's only lately that I've been getting out at all it seems. I know that's not true but that's what it feels like. I guess I'm just ready for some fun in my life again. Theatre...I miss ya. I miss being on your stages, with the lights and the makeup, the feeling of the audience out there, even the constant repition that you sometimes have to go through for very little money or glory. I miss ya honey and this season I'm coming to you. I think I'm starting to feel like I have a dream again that I can maybe this time finally persue.

No comments: