Saturday, August 20, 2005

Myspace or, your lack of popularity is showing

So I was over at Myspace, realizing that my friend Antonio was correct and that place is really about it being a popularity contest to some degree, and was thinking about changing my profile up a bit. I really hate these "describe yourself" type sections. So here's the plan, I'll simply change the description for me. Perhaps it should read thusly: (cue music)

"I'm hideous and boring. You won't like me although I think you sound interesting. Please never reply to any messages I send you as you think I'm a troll. "

or

"I'm the loser you laughed at in school. I have no friends although some people have decided to add me nonetheless. "

or

"You're not going to fucking reply to me anyway so don't even bother looking at my pictures."

I mean honestly. I basically have my friends from another site adding me and a couple of folks I know in the "real world". Hell, the bloggers I comment on and read are more responsive and nicer than these folks for the most part. Although...there is a cute guy who I'm talking techno music with but he of course lives on the other side of the country and is way younger than me.

Did I mention that I hate my age? Now, I don't want you all to think that I'm all weepy teary about how old I am but I just don't actually feel like my current age. I'm sort of stuck in my 20's if you want to know the truth. Almost all my friends are younger than me. It's kinda wierd but, hey, that's life right? And another thing, I don't think I've started looking my "age" yet and I definately don't act it. So I therefore state that I will not age anymore. There, well at least that's done :)

Just felt like a little venting bout the Myspace scene because I'm also on Tribe.net and those folks for the most part are actually really cool and will drop you messages, add you to their friends list and really mean it, etc. Think I may just drop the whole Myspace thing...but there's the technoboy...*grin*...ah who am I foolin thinking that he's interested in more than talking music but hey, that's cool enough for me.

So maybe the new description should be this:
"Don't add me unless you honestly intend to interact with me. Don't add me and not respond to my messages. Don't just add me to increase your friends numbers cause it's just fucking shallow. You want to know me....talk to me and maybe you'll actually find someone interesting and someone you'd like to know. I've already got real friends so I don't need posers. " heheh...oh but I do tend to go off now don't I? LOL!

No comments: