Monday, August 29, 2005

The Lovers of Monday....NOT!

I am The Lovers

The Lovers often refers to a relationship that is based on deep love - the strongest force of all. The relationship may not be sexual, although it often is or could be. More generally, the Lovers can represent the attractive force that draws any two entities together in a relationship - whether people, ideas, events, movements or groups.

For a full description of your card and other goodies, please visit LearnTarot.com


What tarot card are you? Enter your birthdate.

http://www.obeythefist.com/tarot/index.php" method="get">Month: Day: Year:



Thanks to
Spencer, you too can find out what tarot card you are, and I think it's interesting because I do actually read tarot. (not professionally but I've been doing it for friends for over 10 years now) The funny thing to me is getting The Lovers card. Absolutely wierd wierd wierd because my hopes and dreams have always seemed to linger on someone being there in my life for me. I think I like their interpretation better than mine though.

Today being Monday, I got to work with a coworker that I normally like a lot. Normally. What happened? When did people become so damn lazy? Again, I was running circles around my coworker. I mean, come on, I work at a coffee shop pulling the morning shift for christ's sake and ya know? We get busy and there can be volumes of folks coming through the door. So pick up the damn slack would ya? What worse is that we split the tips at the end of our shift and I can always tell (when working with someone that really hussles and works) how we did and why.

Still, I shouldn't complain about the tips I guess. It's just that lately I've been worried about my financial state and where it's going to put me and....at least I didn't want to kill anyone today. She made me feel more relaxed (in my stressed out way if that is possible) than the guy last week.

And yes, if you read yesterday's entry I decided to delete some stuff. The only reason to bring this up is that in some way it just felt wrong. Something bothered me about putting it up there. You know that you need to change the entry when at 6am whilest having your coffee and cigarette (ok you caught me I smoke), your thoughts are on last night's blog entry. Well it's either that something was too personal about it, or I thought things would be misconstrued when read, or I just have no life. Take your pick on that one folks.

My life isn't always malcontent, but lately I get the feeling that I need a major change up somehow and I just don't know what, or how, to do it. I thought about doing what I typically do which is crawl into my hole, not poke my head out until whatever is bothers me if finished it course...but maybe it's just time to try a new approach eh? Feh. Who knows, who cares, why bother :) I'll survive like I always do and come out swinging like a slugger eventually.

Glad to see me buddy Adam is back. Now I'm just waiting to see how that Atlantan's first day of college was. And hey, just wanted to say thanks to anyone who's left me a comment on here. Y'all makes me smile.


4 comments:

Ryan said...

the first day was better than i hope 4 i so like it!

spencer a great guy and has a great blog!

AvR said...

I can understand the sense of being stymied in one's life, wondering what to do about it, or if as you suggest, hiding one's head until a better day. Most certainly it is difficult. Thank heavens for the outlet of writing.

Mike said...

I was the Emperor whatever that means.

Michael The Shadow said...

Emperor? Damn Mike...that's cool heh. Remind me sometime and I'll give you what my interpretation on the card is.